Northfield Neighborhood Urban Development Conversation
Information provided might be dated and is not to be assume it is applicable during present time, regulations change.
- Koenig Lane Multifamily Case No. SP-2013-0253C
- Northloop Master Plan – Presentation 1 of 8
- Sidewalk Master Plan – Presentation 2 of 8
- Watershed Protection – Presentation 3 of 8
- Parks & Recreation – Presentation 4 of 8
- Bicycle Master Plan – Presentation 5 of 8
- Capital Metro – Presentation 6 of 8
- Traffic Management – Presentation 7 of 8
- Neighborhood Planning – Presentation 8 of 8
- Related urban development topics
Presentation 4 – COA Parks and Recreational
Representative was not available.
In reference to PARD’s Parks & Recreation Long Range Plan for Land, Facilities and programs (LRP) adopted November 2010, see following link:
1. Priority of greenway acquisitions or parkland acquisitions might not be in consideration within the Waller Creek area located in Northfield.
2. Public needs assessment identified for central Austin (boundaries 183, I-35, 290 and MoPac) closest toNorthfield is 401 St. Johns.
3. Gap Analysis Map shows parks are not available withing ½ mile buffer of Northfield. The closest ½ miller buffer zone that include parks is north of Koenig Lane and south of 45th Street (page 173 of Chapter 6, Needs Assessment).
4. Land value and opportunity assessment in terms of cost of purchasing land for parks/recreation does not include assessment of tax revenue increases due to parks and green areas (Page 15 of Chapter 6, Needs Assessment).
1. Identification of public properties within or adjacent to Northfield with potential for green public spaces may include: Waller Creek, Austin State Hospital Cemetery, UT intramural fields, state facilities/properties, public schools and rail track corridors.
2. Exploration of opportunities in a comprehensive manner and understanding of costs and benefits.
3. Analysis of tax increment due to development of green areas.
4. Considerations of tax increment reinvestment for green and public spaces.