Property tax relief:
- Put back on the table the 20% discount on property tax relief for homeowners.
- District 4 median family income of $39,200 cannot afford more taxes, fees and city debt.
- City of Austin new budget increased taxes by $87 per year for the average homeowner.
- District 4 residents are paying more in taxes and receiving fewer services.
Alternative to mobility bond:
- The $720 million bond program lacks transparency.
- The bond projects will cost $1.5 billion.
- District 4 might not get all what is promised.
- Construction will hurt businesses and increase property values.
- Bond will increase cost of living and make District 4 less affordable.
- District 4 needs a better mobility plan.
- Bridge the gaps between age groups, ethnic groups, socioeconomic groups, and other barriers.
- Use community centers and public spaces to celebrate multiculturalism.
- Re introduce neighborhood storefronts for APD.
- Engage the private sector to help fund public spaces and safety.
- Better managed city government: transparent, honest, and proactive.
Why am I running for District 4?
- Cost of property taxes is forcing us to move out of our homes.
- The City of Austin government is out of control.
- City government needs to be more transparent, more honest, and proactive.
- The proposed bond program will make Austin less affordable.
Let’s re-establish the dialogue within our communities by:
- Bridging community divisions through dialogue, communication and understanding.
- Greeting and meeting each other.
- Celebrating the cultural diversity of District 4.
- Re-introducing neighborhood storefronts for APD.
- Bolivia, South America
University of Texas at Arlington
- BA General Studies
- BS Civil Engineer
- MS Civil Engineer – Traffic/Transportation
Resident of Texas:
- Over 30 years
Texas cities lived prior to Austin:
Small business owner:
- Over 15 years of traffic/transportation engineering consulting.
- Home based business with clients around Texas.
- Practice 20 years in Houston and 6 years in Austin.
Some Austin activities:
- Active member of Northfield Neighborhood Association
- Active participant of ProductCamp Austin
- Keep up with Bicycle Advisory Council and Pedestrian Advisory Council
- Past precinct chair for TCRP
- Organized VeloTexas (bicycle safety conference)
- Developed VeloHound App (bicycle and pedestrian safety application for smart phones)
Some past Austin activities:
- Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Arts (photographer)
- Sports (bicycling, soccer)
- Traveling (around the world)
- Music (most types)
- History (US and local)